MNA– Deputy FM Hossein Jaberi Ansari said Iran is resolutely looking into a political solution to settle the dire situation in the two Syrian towns of Fu’ah and Kafriya currently under siege by terrorists.
Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Jaberi Ansari made the remarks in a meeting with Hussein Ragheb al-Hussein, a member of the Syrian People Assembly and Deputy Head of the Syrian National Dialogue Forum, on Saturday in Tehran.
During the meeting, the Syrian MP presented a report on the latest developments in the two Syrian towns of Fu’ah and Kafriya which are under the siege of armed terrorist groups while the Iranian diplomat discussed the political and diplomatic consultations held between Iran and various regional and international sides on this issue.
“Regrettably, the case of Fu’ah and Kafriya as part of the Syrian crisis and a result of the current devastating war in the country has been overshadowed by domestic, regional and international complexities and equations,” Jaberi Ansari said.
Hussein Ragheb al-Hussein, for his part, noted the severe shortage of foodstuff, medicine and fuel in Fu’ah and Kafriya, adding “in the last few days alone, 12 citizens of these two towns, who were mostly children, lost their lives due to severe malnourishment.”
While reporting on the deplorable condition in these two Syrian towns, he said 2800 citizens, including 102 children, have been so far martyred in terrorist attacks.
“The people of these two towns are under complete siege by terrorist groups and there is no way to deliver humanitarian aids to these parts of the country due to terrorist attacks and lack of commitment,” he said.
The Syrian MP further called on human rights organizations and the United Nations to pay closer attention to the harrowing condition of Fu’ah and Kafriya citizens and urged the Islamic Republic of Iran to make every effort to put an end to the blockade of these two towns and deliver humanitarian aid to its people.