Foreign ministry to pursue death of Iranian man in France

TEHRAN, Aug. 18 (MNA) – Iran’s foreign ministry informed source underlined that Iran is pursuing the death of an Iranian national in France.

Regarding the death of a 56-year-old man who was shot dead in Bouches-du-Rhône district of the French city of Marseilles in Southern France, foreign ministry source ensured the judicial investigations of the 21-year old murderer is going on and the Islamic Republic of Iran’s embassy in Paris is also following up the case through legal channels in France.

The police said that the murder took place in a tense district in Southern Marseilles at midnight on Monday.

Pointing out that there is no eyewitness to the murder, French police said the victim had been likely attacked in a quiet street by two thugs on motorcycle.

The victim, the police added, was not linked to drug trafficking groups and any claim for his murder due to gang smuggling or conflicts is rejected.

“The deceased Iranian has been an employee of a hotel and he has been killed by a 21-year-old young man,” the police added.

By Mehr News Agency