Israeli forces have shot dead a Palestinian in al-Quds (Jerusalem), claiming that he had attacked and stabbed several Israelis.
Israeli police spokeswoman, Luba Samri, said the Palestinian was killed on Saturday in the occupied al-Quds’ Old City.
Palestinian sources said two settlers were killed and two others were injured during clashes between the 19-year-old Palestinian, identified as Mohannad Rafiq Halab, and Israeli settlers.
Meanwhile, local Palestinian sources citing witnesses said some 100 settlers, backed by Israeli soldiers, stormed the village of Bourin south of the city of Nablus in the occupied West Bank earlier on Saturday.
According to witnesses, Palestinians threw stones at Israeli soldiers who fired rubber bullets and tear gas at them. A number of Palestinians were injured in the clashes.
Israeli settlers also set on fire some olive groves in the area.
Earlier, several Palestinians were wounded by Israeli fire in the West Bank during a raid by Israeli troops on an eastern neighborhood of Nablus. The troops were hunting for perpetrators of an October 1 drive-by shooting that killed two Israelis.
Israel has deployed hundreds of soldiers across the occupied West Bank to find the suspected gunmen who killed the two Israeli settlers.
The drive-by shooting was carried out in an area near the city of Nablus on Thursday night. The Israeli regime has blamed the incident on Palestinian resistance groups.
Israeli settlers, backed by military forces, have stormed towns and villages across the occupied territories and injured several Palestinians.
Israeli forces and settlers have stepped up attacks on Palestinians and their properties over the past few months. The attacks have resulted in violent confrontations between the two sides.
The settlers, mostly armed, regularly commit arson attacks against Palestinians and set fire to their houses, olive groves, and other properties.
By Press TV