Tehran, April 25, IRNA – Deputy Foreign Minister for European and American Affairs Majid Takht-e Ravanchi said removal of sanctions is considered as the basic issue of negotiations between Iran and the P5+1 group.
Takht-e Ravanchi made the remarks with Australian Secretary-General for Foreign Affairs Michael Linhart in Vienna on Friday morning.
The two sides also reviewed the latest developments in Iran nuclear negotiations and discussed issues of mutual interests.
He underscored that the removal of anti-Iran sanctions should clearly and unequivocally be mentioned in the text of the nuclear agreement.
Touching upon the plight of Yemenis following the Saudi-led military aggression, Takht-e Ravanchi underscored that Iran’s four-point peace plan on Yemen should be considered.
He added that intra-Yemeni dialog is the only way out of the country’s crisis.
On April 18, Iran submitted a four-point peace plan for Yemen to the United Nations in an attempt to end the bloodshed in the Arab country.
In a letter to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif called on the international community to take necessary measures to stop the Saudi airstrikes against the Yemeni people, which have claimed the lives of hundreds of civilians so far.
‘It is imperative for the international community to get more effectively involved in ending the senseless aerial attacks and establishing a ceasefire,’ said the Iranian official, adding that Tehran is ready to cooperate with the UN “to facilitate and encourage an immediate end to these senseless bombardments and initiation of a genuine dialogue to find a political solution to this tragic crisis.”