The head of Iran’s Prison Organization denies that Evin Prison was the site of any recent violence or attacks.
ILNA reports that Gholamhossein Esmaili said such rumours are merely being spread by “anti-Revolutionaries” and have no substance.
On Thursday, the Kaleme website reported that forces from the intelligence ministry, Revolutionary Guards and over 100 soldier guards swarmed Ward 350 of Evin Prison and beat more than 30 political prisoners.
The prisoners were reportedly protesting to “an aggressive inspection procedure” that had taken over five hours.
The Human Rights Activists News Agency, HRANA, also reports that many prisoners were severely injured in this incident.
The head of Tehran prisoners, Sohrab Sokeymani, also denied that the event took place.
In a new report, the Kaleme opposition website has denounced the denials of the prison authorities. The report says prisoners who had been sent to Taleghani Hospital yesterday have been collected by prison authorities and returned to Evin to avoid any further scandal.
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.