Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi says a final deal between Iran and the P5+1 group on Tehran’s nuclear energy program will be in the interest of the entire Middle East.
In a Sunday interview with the London-based Asharq al-Awsat newspaper, the top Chinese diplomat hailed last November’s interim nuclear deal between Iran and the six powers – Russia, China, Britain, France, the US and Germany – as a “very important progress.”
He also called on all sides involved in the ongoing talks on Tehran’s nuclear energy program to “take into account each other’s concerns, settle disputes properly, and strive to achieve mutual gains and benefits.”
“This will lead to a comprehensive agreement that resolves the Iranian nuclear issue permanently…, serving the interests of Iran and the wider region,” added the Chinese foreign minister.
Following the landmark interim accord inked in Geneva, Switzerland, Iran and its negotiating sides have continued their discussions in an effort to work out a permanent deal to fully resolve the decade-old dispute over the Islamic Republic’s nuclear energy program.
During his visit to Turkey on March 14, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif expressed satisfaction with the progress of the nuclear negotiations and underscored the need for goodwill on behalf of the negotiating parties in order to tackle the existing problems.
Earlier this month, Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for Legal and International Affairs Abbas Araqchi paid a visit to Beijing and Moscow, where he discussed the upcoming round of nuclear talks with senior Chinese and Russian officials.
Araqchi, who is a top nuclear negotiator, said Iran, Russia and China are in touch to reach common ground in the lead-up to the new round of nuclear discussions slated to resume this week.
By Press TV
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.