TEHRAN (Tasnim) – A prominent Iranian lawmaker said on Thursday that the Israelis, Saudis and French were involved in the deadly Beirut Blasts that killed some two dozen people and injured many others on Tuesday.
“Beirut explosions were due to the fear of some bankrupt parties from the results of the Geneva (nuclear) talks and a sort of revenge against Iran. This way they have invited a wave of disgust and aversion towards themselves,” Member of Parliament’s National Security and Foreign Policy Commission Mansour Haqiqatpour told the Tasnim News Agency.
He said that the “dirty hands” of the Zionists, the Salafist and Wahhabi mercenaries affiliated to the Saudi royal court, and the notorious French politicians are clearly evident in those terrorist explosions.
Another member of the same commission said earlier that terrorist acts in Lebanon will leave no negative impact on Iran’s nuclear talks with the six world powers in Geneva.
“The important point is that the move was both planed and carried out by the Zionist regime which is pursuing two objectives in doing so,” Mohammad Saleh Jokar from parliament’s national security and foreign policy commission told the Tasnim News Agency.
“Firstly, it intends to influence the Geneva nuclear talks, and secondly, it wishes to disturb peace and security in Lebanon,” he said.
On Wednesday Iran’s parliament Speaker opined that the US and the Zionist regime of Israel stand to gain maximum benefits from acts similar to Beirut terrorist attacks.
“There is no doubt that the United States and the Zionist regime gain maximum interests from this type of operation, as they have been dreaming of creating chaotic conditions in Lebanon and sowing the seeds of discord among the Muslims,” said Larijani.
A day earlier, an Iranian deputy foreign minister, Hossein Amir Abdollahian, said that the Zionist regime of Israel masterminded Tuesday’s twin explosions near the Iranian embassy in Beirut.
“Israel has taken advantage of some extremist groups to carry out this terrorist act outside the Iranian embassy and there is no doubt about it,” said Hossein Amir Abdollahian in an interview with Russia Today Arabic channel.
On Tuesday morning, twin explosions occurred around Iran’s embassy in Beirut, killing at least 23 people and injuring some 150 others. The Iranian cultural attaché was wounded in the blasts but later succumbed to his extensive injuries in a hospital in Beirut.
Five other Iranians lost their lives in the blasts.
Abdullah Azzam Brigades, an al-Qaeda-linked group, has claimed responsibility for the twin blasts, but that has not been verified yet.
Secretary General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon has strongly condemned the “appalling” bombings outside the Iranian Embassy in the Lebanese capital, Beirut, calling for the punishment of those behind the terrorist attacks.
Many countries across the world have condemned the deadly bomb attacks in Beirut.
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.