TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran on Tuesday dismissed the recent remarks by a former Iranian nuclear negotiator that Tehran should a review over its nuclear rights, and stressed that Tehran will not withdraw even an iota from its right of access to the civilian nuclear technology.
“When an expert and person expresses a thought in a place, it is his/her personal views and doesn’t worth responding,” Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Seyed Abbas Araqchi told reporters in his weekly press conference in Tehran on Tuesday.
“The official positions of the Islamic Republic of Iran have been expressed clearly by Mr. (President Hassan) Rouhani and (Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad) Zarif and no one is supposed to withdraw even an iota from the Iranian people’s rights either in the nuclear or other areas,” he underlined.
Araqchi said that entering talks with the world powers with new approaches, methods and language should yield acceptable results for the Iranian nation and a win-win game for both sides of the negotiations.
Iran and the Group 5+1 (the US, Russia, Britain, China, France and Germany) have held several rounds of talks on a range of issues, with the main focus being on Iran’s nuclear energy program.
The two sides wrapped up their latest round of negotiations on April 6 in the Kazakh city of Almaty. An earlier meeting had been held in the city on February 26-27.
The US, Israel and some of their allies claim that Iran is pursuing non-civilian objectives in its nuclear energy program, with Washington and the European Union using the unfounded allegation as a pretext to impose sanctions on Iran.
Tehran strongly rejects the groundless claim over its nuclear activities, maintaining that as a committed signatory to the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) and a member of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), it is entitled to use nuclear technology for peaceful purposes.
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.