Iranian officials warned Saudi Arabia not to drag into the dangerous position made by the United States policies against Tehran.
Following US oil embargo against Iran, Riyadh claimed to compensate for the loss of Iranian oil in the global market.
Saudi Arabia pointed out last week that it could make up for Iran’s crude supplies to the West if the EU imposes a ban on oil imports from Iran. Then on Monday, EU foreign ministers agreed an oil embargo against Iran and a freeze on the assets of its central bank.
“I am calling to all countries in the region, please don’t let yourselves be dragged into a dangerous position,” Iran’s Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi told Turkey’s NTV broadcaster. Then he urged
Saudi Arabia to reconsider its plans of compensating for any shortfall in the crude market.
Also, Spokesman for Iran’s Majlis Committee on National Security and Foreign Policy, Kazem Jalali, said Friday, Saudi Arabia should not fall for the Western scenarios and play against Iran.
Moreover, Hossein Amir-Abdollahian, Iranian deputy foreign minister for Arab and African affairs, stated that maintaining regional security is a collective responsibility which should be shared by all countries in the region. If regional countries are vigilant against their enemies they will act intelligently so that security and stability will not be undermined. Refering to Saudi Arabia decision to compensate for the loss of Iranian oil, he said “We are confident that regional countries are wise and would consider all aspects of such decisions, if any country takes such decision it will not be regarded by Iran as a friendly move.”
Sources: Press TV, Fars News Agency, Tehran Times