Press TV - Yemeni army forces, supported by allied fighters from Popular Committees, have fired a domestically-designed and -developed ballistic missile at a strategic economic target in Saudi Arabia�s southwestern border region of Jizan in retaliation for the Riyadh regime�s devastating military aggression against their impoverished country.
A Yemeni military source, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Arabic-language al-Masirah television network that the short-range�Badr-1�missile struck an oil refinery of the Saudi Arabian national petroleum and natural gas company,�Aramco, in the region, located 967�kilometers�southwest of the capital Riyadh, with great precision, on Friday evening.
Earlier in the day, Yemeni troopers and their allies had attacked a command center of Emirati military forces in the country�s western coastal province of Hudaydah, using a domestically-built long-endurance�unmanned aerial vehicle.
There were no immediate reports about possible casualties and the extent of damage caused at the site.
Separately, a Saudi-led Boeing AH-64 Apache attack helicopter crashed in Yemen�s eastern province of Mahra.
An official of Provincial Supreme Security Committee, who asked to remain anonymous, said, "The Saudi-led helicopter crashed while conducting a reconnaissance mission over Tanhala Mountains."
He confirmed that the Saudi pilot and his assistant died as a result of the crash.
Saudi media outlets later identified the pair as Captain Saud bin Nasser bin Jaris and First Lieutenant Ahmed bin Abdulaziz al-Dabian.
Moreover, eight civilians lost their lives when Saudi warplanes bombarded Kilo 16 area in the al-Hali district�of Hudaydah province.
Later in the day, Saudi fighter jets struck Yemeni fishing boats in waters off the�Seven Brothers Islands, also known as the�Sawabi Islands�or�Seba Islands, in the Bab el-Mandeb�Strait, killing two people and injuring another.
Yemeni sources say the fate of the fourth fisherman remains unknown after the airstrike.
Saudi Arabia and a number of its regional allies launched a devastating military campaign against Yemen in March 2015, with the aim of�bringing the government of former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi�back to power and crushing the country�s Houthi Ansarullah movement.
Some�15,000 Yemenis have been killed and�thousands more injured since the onset of the Saudi-led aggression.
More than 2,200 others have died of cholera, and the crisis has triggered what the United Nations has described as the world's worst humanitarian disaster.