ran’s judiciary has opened cases against six security guards at Tehran’s high-security Evin Prison in connection with viral videos that apparently showed mistreatment of inmates.
The newly-appointed Judiciary spokesman Zabihullah Khodaeian, in his first press briefing on Tuesday, said four guards had been introduced to a military court, two others referred to a revolutionary tribunal, and some others put in detention.
Judicial authorities have also summoned two prison guards in the case, he said.
It comes after an investigation by Attorney General Mohammad-Ja’far Montazeri on the orders of Judiciary Chief Gholam-Hossein Mohseni Ejei, who called for a “comprehensive investigation” into the incident last week.
“The scenes shown in the published films were against the law and it is not justifiable under any circumstances,” Khodaeian said, adding, however, that the leaked clips had been selected and edited from different scenes over the years.
He said it was unjust to attribute the “misconduct of some violators” to the entire prison organization and its hard-working employees.
Source: Press TV