Iran English language newspaper headlines on Sunday, 6-9-2020

Iran News Daily

 

Iran Sees ‘Positive Outlook’ For Ties With IAEA

Iran’s Ambassador to the Vienna-based international organizations Kazem Gharibabadi hailed IAEA’s report on Safeguards Agreement (NPT) with Iran, saying that the report creates positive and constructive prospects for relations with Iran and the UN nuclear watchdog.

 

 

Iran Foreign Trade Touches $24.6b in Five Months

Iran’s total foreign trade in the first five months of the current Iranian calendar year stood at $24.6b which shows a decline comparing to the same period last year because of the Coronavirus pandemic.

 

Indian Defense Minister to Make Stopover in Tehran

Indian Defense Minister Rajnath Singh will visit Iran for a brief stopover tonight while returning from Russia. He is scheduled to have a bilateral with Iran’s defense minister. In a tweet, Rajnath said, “Leaving Moscow for Tehran. I shall be meeting the Defense Minister of Iran, Brigadier General Amir Hatami.

 

Enemies Try to Shut Down Iran Due To Coronavirus

President Hassan Rouhani said that since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic in the country, the enemies wanted to shut down Iran under the pretext of this disease.

 

UK Admits Debt Owed to Iran Over Shah’s Tank Order

British defense secretary, Ben Wallace, has for the first time acknowledged that he is actively seeking to pay a debt to the Iranian government that could finally help to secure the release of British dual nationals including Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.

 

Disgraceful Act of French Publication a New Manifestation of Modern Ignorance

Iran’s High Council of Human Rights in a statement on Friday condemned desecration of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) by a French publication, saying that the disgraceful move is a new manifestation of modern ignorance.

 

Second Iranian Medical Aid Consignment Dispatched to Tajikistan

The second shipment of medical aid donated by the Islamic Republic of Iran to Tajikistan to fight COVID-19 arrived at Dushanbe International Airport on Kish Air.

 

90% of Armed Forces’ Weapons Needs Supplied Domestically

Iranian Defense Minister said that more than 90 percent of the armed forces’ weapons needs have been supplied domestically and the remaining 10 percent would not have a decisive impact on the country’s defense power.

 

No Compromise on Its Security

A senior Iranian military commander has warned enemies against making any moves against the Islamic Republic, saying Iran will not compromise on its security.

 

Iraqi Finance Minister to Visit Iran Soon

Finance Minister of Iraq Ali Abdul Amir Alavi is supposed to visit Iran soon, Iranian Ambassador to Baghdad Iraj Masjedi said.

 

Tehran Times

 

Industry Ministry approves $850m of foreign investment in 5 months

The Ministry of Industry, Mining and Trade has approved 49 foreign investment cases valued at about $850 million in the first five months of the current Iranian calendar year (March 20-August 21), Donya-e-Eqtesad daily reported.

 

Iran improves in nanotechnology articles citation

Iran’s ranking in nanotechnology articles citation in 2019 has significantly improved compared to 2018, as it moved 26 levels higher, according to the StatNano’s statistics collected from the WoS database.

 

UAE deal raises questions about manipulation of Jared Kushner by Israel

Jared Kushner, the U.S. president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, who was a target of manipulation for many countries, is
a “plaything” serving Israeli interests in a way that would destabilize the region, according to a former Iranian diplomat.

 

Schools reopened under strict health protocols

Over 15 million students attended schools nationwide on Saturday for the new school year under strict health protocols to
protect teachers, staff, and students against the coronavirus pandemic.

 

Rouhani: Some anti-revolutionaries want Iran to lock down

Now that the country is fighting the coronavirus pandemic some anti-revolutionary elements or groups want to bring
the country to a halt under different pretexts, warning against entrance exams for universities, holding Ashura rituals, starting new school year or reopening factories, President Hassan Rouhani said on Saturday.

 

Iran, Russia welcome IAEA report

The report on Friday by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) about cooperation between Iran and the UN body
has won the praise of Tehran and Moscow.

 

UAE normalization deal with Israel is ‘apostasy’: deputy speaker

Amir-Hussein Ghazizadeh Hashemi, the first deputy speaker of the Iranian Parliament, dismissed on Friday a normalization
deal between Tel Aviv and Abu Dhabi as an act of apostasy by the UAE.

 

Defense minister says Iran plans to upgrade range of air-based missiles

Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami has announced Iran plans to boost the range of its air-based cruise missiles to over 1,000km.