Tasnim – The Iranian Health Ministry’s public relations director said since the outbreak of the new coronavirus in the country, 2,394 patients have completely recovered from the infectious disease.
In remarks on Monday, Kianoush Jahanpour said that since yesterday, the total number of coronavirus cases in the country has increased by 595, reaching 7,161.
So far, 2,394 patients with the infectious disease have recovered, he said, adding that over the past 24 hours, 43 patients have lost their lives.
The health official further said the death toll from the new coronavirus epidemic in the country has risen to 237.
Among the cases of COVID-19 infection in the country, 1,945 have been reported in Tehran Province, he stated.
Medical staffs in all 31 provinces of Iran have been working tirelessly over the past weeks to contain the novel coronavirus.
First detected in Wuhan city in central China in December, the virus has spread to more than 100 countries.
The global death toll is around 3,500 with more than 100,000 confirmed cases, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).
Iran’s administration on Thursday extended the closure of all schools and universities nationwide until the end of the current Iranian year (March 19) as the country is struggling with the outbreak of the coronavirus.