Tasnim – Iranian Judiciary Spokesman Gholam Hossein Mohseni Ejei said the recent terrorist attack that killed 27 security forces in the southeastern province of Sistan and Balouchestan had been planned by some foreign intelligence agencies.
Speaking to reporters at his press conference in Tehran on Sunday, Mohseni Ejei pointed to the massive participation of the Iranian people in the rallies marking the 40th anniversary of the Islamic Revolution and said the enemies became angry over the high turnout in the rallies.
They tried to take revenge and killed a number of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) forces in Sistan and Balouchestan, he added.
The spokesman further emphasized that the terrorist attack had been orchestrated by some foreign intelligence services and supported by stooge governments.
On Wednesday night when a number of IRGC forces were traveling between the cities of Zahedan and Khash, in Sistan and Balouchestan, their bus was hit by the suicide car bomb attack.
The IRGC’s Quds Base said in a statement that an explosives-laden car rammed into the bus, which was taking the personnel back to their homes.
The attack killed 27 IRGC members and injured 13 others.
The so-called Jaish ul-Adl terrorist group has reportedly claimed responsibility for the attack.
Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei said on Thursday there are clear links between the terror attack and spy agencies of some countries in the region and beyond, urging Iranian security organizations to seriously pursue the issue.