29 Mar 2024
Sunday 23 December 2018 - 12:34
Story Code : 331784

Weekly report: Iran says US presence in Syria 'wrong' from the start

Weekly report: Iran says US presence in Syria
December 23, The Iran Project Iran will never talk to anybody who sets conditions for it: FM Zarif;FM Zarif participation in Geneva conference on Syria; Intelligence Minister reveals collaboration among US, Israel, certain regional states against Irans security;Iraq gets 90-day Iran sanctions waiver from Washington; Leader urges officials not to seek managerial posts at any costs; Without JCPOA, any negotiations with Iran to be difficult: Mogherini; Araqchi: Sanctions failed policy; Intelligence minister rejects claims of US granting citizenship to Iranian officials; Zarif hails Leaders attention to importance of neighbors in Iran foreign policy; Rouhani visit to Turkey and meeting with senior officials; IRGC war game in Persian Gulf;Iran executes another economic saboteur in Tehran and US presence in region always a destabilizing factor: spoxare among major headlines dominated the countrys media outlets in the past week (December 17 December 23).

Politics

Irans strategic position in region hinders any foreign encroachment: Khanzadi

Commander of Iranian Navy Rear Admiral Hossein Khanzadi hailed Irans strategic position in the region and the world, stressing that we will not let foreigners encroach on our interests.

Iran to build kilo-class submarines

Irans Ministry of Defense plans to design and develop kilo-class submarines weighing over 3,000 tons.

Iran will never talk to anybody who sets conditions for it: FM Zarif

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has strongly dismissed the possibility of holding negotiations with the United States after Washington set conditions for talks with Tehran, saying the Islamic Republic will never talk to those who set conditions for it.

Global arrogance targeting Irans defense power: Minister

The arrogant powers have waged a full-scale economic war against the Islamic Republic of Iran and are targeting Irans defensive power, Defense Minister Brigadier-General Amir Hatami said on Monday.

Kish Island hosts IRANMEX 2018 exhibition

The 20th Iran International Maritime & Offshore Technologies Exhibition (IRANIMEX2018) will be held in Kish International Exhibition Center on December 17-19, 2018, it was announced on Saturday.

Iran, Russia, Turkey meet, seeking deal on new Syria constitution body

Russia, Iran and Turkey are nearing agreement on the composition of a Syria committee that could pave the way for the drafting of a new constitution and for elections after a devastating civil war, diplomats said on Tuesday.

Iran, Russia, Turkey seek deal on new Syria constitutional body

Iran, Russia, and Turkey are close to agreement on composition of a Syrian constitutional committee that could pave the way for drafting a new charter followed by elections, diplomats said on Monday.

Navy unveils BLDC-electric thrusters, diving chamber

Iran Marine Industries International Exhibition is underway on Kish Island, showcasing the latest naval achievements, including BLDC-electric thrusters and diving chambers.

Joint statement by Iran, Russia, Turkey on Syria in Geneva

The Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Iran, the Russian Federation and the Republic of Turkey as guarantors of the Astana format held the trilateral meeting and consultations with the UN Secretary-Generals Special Envoy on Syria Staffan de Mistura in Geneva on 18 December 2018.

Intelligence Minister reveals collaboration among US, Israel, certain regional states against Irans security

Intelligence Minister Seyed Mahmoud Alavi warned that the spy agencies of the US, Israel and some regional states have embarked on harming Irans security.

Iran sees no limit to marine development: Khanzadi

Commander of Iranian Navy said that Iran sees no limits to its marine developments and that the country has reached the peak of its defensive authority.

Iran FM censures Netanyahus boast about Israels Offensive Power

Iranian Foreign Mohammad Javad Zarif criticized the Israeli prime ministers boast about the regimes offensive power, saying Benjamin Netanyahus rants about Tehrans defensive missile program indicate apparent contractions in Tel Aviv and Wests policies.

Leader urges officials not to seek managerial posts at any costs

Leader of Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei said a wise person should never seek management posts.

Spokesman: Iran in talks with Pakistan to secure release of remaining guards

Irans Foreign Ministry spokesman stressed the need for setting up secure Iran-Pakistan borders, and said talks with the Pakistani side is underway to set free the rest of Irans border guards and Pakistan has vowed to follow up the case.

Iran opens military electro-optical gear plant

Irans Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami on Tuesday inaugurated the production line of advanced electro-optical equipment with military application.

Without JCPOA, any negotiations with Iran to be difficult: Mogherini

EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini has once again highlighted the importance of the nuclear deal with Iran.

Araqchi: Sanctions failed policy

Irans Deputy Foreign Minister for political affairs Abbas Araqchi said on Tuesday that sanctions are defeated policy, as Iran has lived with sanctions for years even it made remarkable progress in sanctions era.

Intelligence minister rejects claims of US granting citizenship to Iranian officials

Iranian Intelligence Minister Seyed Mahmoud Alavi refuted US President Donald Trumps claim that the Obama administration had sweetened the 2015 nuclear deal by granting US citizenship to 2,500 Iranians, including government officials.

Zarif hails Leaders attention to importance of neighbors in Iran foreign policy

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif hailed Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khameneis special consideration for the neighboring states in Irans foreign policy.

Top security official: US seeking to force Iran into collapse

Secretary of Irans Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Ali Shamkhani warned of Washingtons plots to disintegrate the country, stressing the Iranian nations capability to defeat the US.

Rouhani, Erdo?an hold bilateral talks in Ankara

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and his Turkish counterpart held bilateral talks in Ankara on Thu. noon prior to the 5th high council meeting for strategic cooperation between the two sides delegations.

US can no longer dictate policies to regional countries: Irans Rouhani

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says the US has no longer any influence on relations between countries in the region, stressing Washington will no longer be able to dictate its policies to regional states.

Iran, Turkey ink two pacts

The Islamic Republic of Iran and the Republic of Turkey signed two cooperation documents to further deepen relations between the two countries.

No third country able to harm Tehran-Ankara brotherly, neighbourly, close ties

President described the 5th Meeting of High Council for Iran-Turkey Strategic Cooperation very effective and said, Nobody and no power and no third country is able to harm the brotherly, neighbourly and close relations between Tehran and Ankara.

IRGC begins war game in Persian Gulf

The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Ground Force launched the main phase of a large-scale military exercise in the Persian Gulf on Saturday.
Iranian DM unveils new electronic, telecommunication, cyber achievements

Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami unveiled several new home-made achievements developed by the countrys experts in electronic, telecommunication and cyber fields.

US presence in region always a destabilizing factor: spox

Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ghasemi reacted to the US announcement on withdrawing troops from Syria, saying Washingtons presence in the region is always a destabilizing factor.

Economy

Iran urges EU to press Washington on Airbus deliveries -ISNA

Iran called on the European Union on Monday to press U.S. authorities to allow delivery of Airbus passenger aircraft purchased by Tehran, Irans student news agency ISNA reported.

Iraq gets 90-day Iran sanctions waiver from Washington

Iraq can continue electricity and gas imports from Iran without violating US sanctions under an extension granted Wednesday, senior officials close to negotiations told S&P Global Platts.

Iran, Turkey can invest in a transit route between East and West

President stressed that the Islamic Republic of Iran is determined to deepen and develop relations with Turkey in economy, energy, transportation, tourism and science, saying, Tehran welcomes development of relations between the two countries and more private sector cooperation.

India plans to pay five Iran banks for oil purchases

India will deposit payments for crude oil imported from Iran into escrow accounts of five of their banks held with state-run UCO Bank Ltd. after the two nations agreed on a payment mechanism to overcome U.S. sanctions, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

Iran executes another economic saboteur in Tehran

Another man has been executed in the Iranian capital on charges of economic corruption on Saturday as part of the countrys efforts to stem recent financial turmoil.

Regional Affairs

Haniyeh hails West Banks resistance against Israel enemy

Hamas leader, Ismail Haniyeh, has commended the West Bank for its resistance in the face of Israeli occupation, as thousands of Palestinians marched in the Gaza Strip to express their support for the movement on its 31st anniversary.

US envoy: Were no longer seeking regime change in Syria

he United States says it is no longer seeking to unseat Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, backtracking on the once strict regime change policy that Washington insisted on, but which has evidently failed to put into effect.

Tensions continue to rise in Russia-Israel relations over Hamas, Ukraine

Fresh tensions have broken out in ties between Moscow and Tel Aviv, already entangled in a row over the downing of a Russian aircraft in Syria, this time over the Palestine issue and the Ukraine conflict.

Trump signals US withdrawal from Syria, declares victory against Daesh

US President Donald Trump has declared victory against Daesh terrorists in Syria as reports suggest that he is planning to pull out American troops from the conflict-torn country.

Lavrov: Presence of US troops in Syria illegal, withdrawal step in right direction

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov on Friday renewed that the presence of US troops in Syria is illegal, considering the announcement of their withdrawal is a step in the right direction.

Society

Official underlines Irans rapid growth in science production

Iran is pioneering in scientific growth among the world states, a senior Iranian academic official said on Sunday.

Light quake jolts NW Iran

An earthquake measuring 4.7 on the Richter scale rattled Lavandevil, Astara, northwestern Iran, on Monday.

President Rouhani signs into law bill on Persian Language

The bill to reorganize and uniform international Persian Language (Farsi) exams, which was recently passed by Irans Supreme Council of the Cultural Revolution, was signed into the law by President Hassan Rouhani on Wednesday.

WHO advisor: Iran pioneering in healthy blood transfusion

A senior advisor to the World Health Organization (WHO) lauded Iran for its effective efforts to provide patients with most hygiene and healthiest blood products.

Iran chamber of commerce, agriculture ministry sign MoU to boost water productivity

Agriculture Minister Mahmoud Hojjati and President of Iran Chamber of Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture Gholamhossein Shafei signed a memorandum of understanding.

https://theiranproject.com/vdcfcydmjw6dmea.r7iw.html
Your Name
Your Email Address