Tasnim – Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi dismissed Washington’s recent allegations against Tehran as “false and repetitive” and said such remarks are rooted in US failures in the face of the Islamic Republic.
“The false and repetitive allegations recently made in remarks and daydreaming of the US officials, especially the president of the country and some in his inner circle, are rooted in the continued failures that the country has experienced in recent years in various areas in the face of the firm determination, resistance and wisdom of Iran and Iranians,” Qassemi said in a statement late on Sunday.
In the content of the remarks by US President Donald Trump and his National Security Adviser John Bolton and the recently published document titled “National Strategy for Counterterrorism” traces of some warlords and the lobby of some regional regimes, whose names are always synonymous with terrorism and extremism, are quite clear, he said.
The US officials are seeking to divert the world’s public attention away from their “bloody and shameful” record in the region, the spokesman added.
Earlier this month, Trump announced a new National Strategy for Counterterrorism that claims to target Iran.
Bolton has also taken a hawkish approach to Iran, calling it “the central banker of international terrorism” as he laid out a wider strategy for countering Tehran in the Middle East.
Bolton told reporters on October 4 that the US strategy toward Iran would use both military and nonmilitary means to push back on Iranian-backed militants, and their financial backers, according to media reports.