FNA – Senior commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Brigadier General Esmayeel Kossari said evidence shows that the US, the UAE and Saudi Arabia have played a role in the Saturday terrorist attack in Southwestern Iran.
“The remarks by the UAE and Saudi officials on the terrorist attack in Ahwaz and the documents show that the Americans gave orders to Riyadh and supported this attack,” General Kossari, who commands the IRGC’s highly important Sarallah Base, said on Monday.
He warned that the UAE and Saudi Arabia are after fomenting chaos in Iran, adding that their support for the ISIL and terrorist groups in Iraq and Syria is not hidden to anyone.
“Some documents have been found in Iraq and Syria which show the Americans’ support for Saudi Arabia and the Saudis’ assistance to the terrorists,” Kossari said.
In relevant remarks earlier today, Lieutenant Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Brigadier General Hossein Salami warned that the IRGC will punish the culprits and masterminds of the Saturday terrorist attack in the Southwestern city of Ahwaz with a “destructive and annihilating” response.
“We promise to show an annihilating and destructive response which makes them (the culprits) regret their deeds and no one will be able to kill our children in this territory, and this will not be the end of the story and we warn everyone that we will take revenge,” General Salami said, addressing the funeral ceremony of tens of people killed in the Saturday attack in Ahwaz.
He referred to Israel’s last April attack against the T4 airbase in Syria which killed a number of Iranian military advisors, and said that the Zionists witnessed Iran’s revenge.
“The Americans should know too and we warn them. The US has failed to establish security for the Zionists and now Hezbollah is able to annihilate the Zionists,” General Salami said.
29 people were killed and 70 were injured in the Saturday morning attack by al-Ahwaziya terrorist group during the nationwide military parades in Iran’s Southwestern city of Ahwaz.
The terrorists attacked the bystanders watching the annual Armed Forces’ parades, marking the start of the Sacred Defense Week, commemorating Iranians’ sacrifices during the 8 years of the Iraqi imposed war on Iran in 1980s, in disguise of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) and Basij (volunteer) forces, killing and wounding several people, including innocent women and children.
None of the officials participating in the military parades in Ahwaz city in Khouzestan province was injured in the attack.
Spokesman of the Iranian Armed Forces Brigadier-General Abolfazl Shekarchi told FNA that 4 terrorists carried out the attack during military parades in Ahwaz, noting that three of them were killed and the last one was captured by security forces.
He added that none of the terrorists could escape, noting that other reports about the details of the attack are not confirmed.
Meantime, Head of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Public Relations Department and IRGC Spokesman General Ramezan Sharif said that the terrorists who attacked people during the Armed Forces’ parades in Ahwaz were affiliated to al-Ahwaziya stream which is nourished by Saudi Arabia.
He added that the terrorists aimed to overshadow the magnificence of the Iranian Armed Forces’ parades.
General Sharif said that people were also invited to watch the parades and the terrorists both fired at people and the Armed Forces.
He said that such attacks are precedent and al-Ahwaziya terrorist group had earlier fired at the convoys of people who visited the Southern cities of Iran which resisted against Saddam’s aggression during the 8-year Iraqi-imposed war against Iran in 1980s.