IRNA – There are clues indicating that the terrorist team perpetrating the attack on a parade in the Iranian southwestern city of Ahvaz was linked to certain regional countries, a senior Member of Parliament said on Sunday.
Ali Najafi Khoshroudi, the spokesman of Majlis National Security and Foreign Policy Commission, said that the commission convened earlier in the day to probe the incident.
The Commission session was also attended by a number of security officials as well as officials from Police and the Interior Ministry, Najafi Khoshroudi said.
He also said that the Commission will dispatch a delegation to Ahvaz on Monday to participate in a meeting where the incident will be further investigated.
Four gunmen opened fire at people and officials who were watching the march of military units marking the beginning of the Sacred Defense (1990-98 Iraqi imposed war on Iran) on Saturday morning.
The latest death toll of the incident has been announced 25, while some 60 others were wounded.
Issuing a message in social networks, the self-proclaimed Al-Ahwaz separatist group claimed responsibility for the attack.