Iran Front Page – IFP has taken a look at the front pages of Iranian newspapers on Thursday, July 26, 2018, and picked headlines from 12 of them. IFP has simply translated the headlines and does not vouch for their accuracy.
The ongoing war of words between Iranian and US officials remained the top story in all newspapers today. Remarks by IRGC Chief-Commander Major General Mohammad-Ali Jafari and comments by President Hassan Rouhani in response to the US’ threats received the greatest coverage.
Several papers also hailed as a diplomatic victory for Iran the recent letter by the International Court of Justice (ICJ) to US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo over the re-imposition of Iran sanctions.
Also a top story was the ongoing changes in the Rouhani administration, particularly the Wednesday appointment of Abdol-Nasser Hemmati as the new Governor of the Central Bank of Iran (CBI).
The above issues, as well as many more, are highlighted in the following headlines and top stories:
1- Iran Can Block Global Oil Exports Whenever It Wants: IRGC Chief
2- Rouhani: Groundless Threats of Certain US Rulers Not Worth a Response
3- White House Must Abandon Idea of Holding Talks with Iran Forever: Foreign Ministry
1- Hemmati [New Governor of Central Bank]: Temporary or Sustainable Solution?
2- Mosaddegh Did It, Can Rouhani Do It Too?
- Similarities, Differences of Iran’s Lawsuits against Foreigners at The Hague
2- China, Turkey to Continue Buying Iran’s Oil
1- The Businessman Backs Off
- After ICJ’s Vote in Favour of Iran, Trump Says He’s Ready for New Deal with Iran
2- Iran’s Economy Needs to Improve Its Quality at Shortest Time Possible
1- Now? Or Now?
- Pace of Fluctuations in the Market Very Fast
2- Wind of Change against Storm of Crisis
- How Rouhani Is Going to Improve His Cabinet
1- Government’s Facilities for Helping Workshops, Employment of Deprived Families
2- ISIS’ Attack on Southern Syria Leaves 150 Dead, 178 Wounded
3- Gov’t Spokesman: We Have Plans for Different Scenarios of JCPOA, Sanctions
4- Further Production, Export Decisive Response to Enemies: Rouhani
1- Return of Commander: Tayyebnia Will Most Probably Take Lead in Iran’s Economy
- Change of Central Bank Governor First Demand of Former Well-Known Economy Minister
2- Iranian Couple Commit Suicide Together
1- Battle against Sanctions in Three Fronts:
- ICJ’s Letter to US on Iran Sanctions a Legal Success for Iran
- Signs of World’s Political Opposition to US Can Be Seen
- New Forces to Be Added to Government If Needed
1- Changes in Rouhani’s Cabinet Not Enough
- What’s Role of Deficient Structures, Approaches in Recent Challenges?
- Can a Change of Managers Resolve Infrastructural Problems of Iranian Economy?
- Why Aren’t Managers Accountable for Their Performance after Dismissal?
1- Trump Raises Number of State Dept. Personnel Working on Iran Sanctions to 380
- Talks of Negotiation with 380-Strong Army of Sanctions!
2- Rouhani Says Negotiation with US Means Surrender, Being Looted
3- Trump Wouldn’t Dare to Make Such Threats If He Knows IRGC’s Capabilities: Chief
1- Which Country Implementing Ambitious Plans Using Its People’s Money: Iran or US?
1- Market Welcomes Beginning of Cabinet Reshuffle
1- Repeating Case of Mosaddegh at The Hague
- Iran Has Upper Hand after ICJ Sends Letter to US Secretary of State
- Memories of Mosaddegh’s Victory over Britain on Nationalization of Iran’s Oil Revived