FNA- The Iranian legislative body is preparing a lawsuit against the US over the ISIL terrorist group’s attacks in Tehran in 2017, a senior MP said on Tuesday.
“During the presidential campaign, (US President Donald) Trump clearly spoke about the performance of his rival, Mrs. Clinton, saying that the US has created the ISIL,” Abolfazl Aboutorabi said on Tuesday.
He added that there is nothing more reliable than a claim raised by a country’s president, adding that therefore, the Iranian parliament has decided to file a lawsuit against Washington with the international court for the 2017 terrorist attacks in Tehran which killed 17 people.
“The public prosecutor has also filed a lawsuit in this regard,” Aboutorabi said.
Two terrorist attacks were simultaneously carried out by five ISIL terrorists against the Iranian Parliament building and the Mausoleum of late Imam Khomeini, both in Tehran, Iran, on 7 June 2017, leaving 17 civilians dead and 43 wounded.
8 ISIL terrorists were tried at Tehran Revolutionary Court in the presence of their lawyers and families of those killed in the attack earlier this year.