Press TV – The United States seeks to turn the United Nations against Iran by convincing the international body that Tehran had supplied Yemen a missile that hit Saudi Arabia last year, an analyst says.
Security Council envoys will visit a military hangar in Washington on Monday, where US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley had previously presented the remnants of an alleged Iranian-made ballistic missile fired from Yemen at the King Khalid International Airport near Riyadh on November 4.
On December 14, Haley presented what she claimed to be “undeniable” evidence, saying it proved that Iran was violating international law by giving missiles to the Houthi Ansarullah movement. The Houthis have been fighting back a Saudi-led aggression with allied Yemeni army troops and tribal fighters.
A few days later, Haley said that the UN Security Council could strengthen the provisions in Resolution 2231, which was approved in July 2015 to endorse the multilateral nuclear deal with Iran, or adopt a new resolution banning Tehran from all activities related to ballistic missiles.
“Nikki Haley is trying to convince the United Nations that Iran is responsible for the rocket that the Houthi Yemenis fired,” Dr. Kevin Barrett, an author and political commentator, told Press TV on Saturday.
“This is supposed to somehow get the UN on board with the Trump administration’s crusade against Iran,” Barrett said, but added, “I don’t think that is going to happen, the world is fed up with Donald Trump, with the Trump administration and indeed with US policy.”
“Unfortunately, the assets of the hard-line Zionist contingent that has such a powerful presence here in the United States are back in power now under the Trump administration and so Nikki Haley is fronting for them in this bizarre and quixotic effort to try to convince the world to see things the way (Israeli Prime Minister) Benjamin Netanyahu sees them, in the way that Donald Trump is being programmed to see them by his Zionist handlers,” the analyst stated.