FNA- Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari dismissed allegations that Iran has sent missiles to Yemen, describing it impossible as the poor Arab country is under a tight siege by the Saudi-led coalition.
“The Americans and the puppet rulers affiliated to them have told many lies against the Islamic Republic so far and have raised many allegations against Iran,” General Jafari was quoted as saying by the Iranian media on Sunday.
“How is it possible to send weapons, specially missiles, to a country which is fully under siege and even medical aid and foodstuff may not be sent to,” he asked.
General Jafari reiterated that it is impossible for the Islamic Republic of Iran to supply missiles to Yemen, adding, “The US officials are also aware that the missiles fire were from Yemen and have been reproduced to have a longer range.”
In relevant remarks late in November, Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami and General Jafari dismissed US officials’ allegations about the supply of Iranian missiles to the Yemeni Ansarullah group.
“The US can’t accuse Iran of any event that happens in the region, although this is not unlikely of the enemy to raise such accusations,” General Hatami said.
“The enemy uses any opportunity to level accusations against Iran and we firmly reject it,” he added.
“Does anyone ask the US what they supply to Saudi Arabia,” General Hatami said.
Meantime, General Jafari dismissed the allegations that Iran has supplied Ansarullah with missiles that hit the Saudi airport as “baseless”.
“We don’t have the means and possibility to send missiles to Yemen and the missiles belong to themselves and they have increased their range,” he underlined.
General Jafari said that the allegations are of a series of “baseless remarks and allegations” that US President Donald Trump has leveled against Iran.