Daily look at Iran’s late-breaking news and upcoming events:
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif denounced the US government’s moves to seize or put freezes on Iran’s assets abroad as a plain case of international banditry.
An Iranian military commander says a recent attack that killed 10 Iranian border guards was launched from outside Iran.
The fourth Iran-Europe Banking and Business Forum kicked off here on Saturday, official IRNA news agency reported.
Defense Minister Brigadier-General Hossein Dehqan said on Friday that Iran, Russia and Syria have agreed in a tripartite meeting to put the expansion of ceasefire in Syria on the agenda.
Vice-President for Women and Family Affairs Shahindokht Molaverdi expressed hope that meetings focused on women would lead to solidarity and sustainable development of the Islamic societies.
Ebrahim Raisi, one of the six presidential candidates, promised in the first presidential debate to triple the amount of cash handouts given to the poorer strata of the Iranian society, but his idea was challenged by the others.
CBI governor has announced that Iran’s international settlements will be transferred from south Persian Gulf littoral states to Russia and Turkey.
In a clear clash with conservative presidential candidate Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf, Es’haq Jahangiri said he is representing the reformist movement, which has been marginalized in the past years, and he has all the right to defend their rights.
Hungary’s state-owned oil and gas group MOL has indicated preparedness to join oil projects in Iran by the adopting enhanced oil recovery (EOR) and improved oil recovery (IOR) techniques, a senior Iranian oil official said.
Iran’s oil exports to Asia witnessed a 27 percent rise in March compared to the same period last year.