More civilians manage to escape from militant-held neighborhoods east of Aleppo city

FNA- A number of trapped people could get away from the Eastern neighborhoods of Aleppo city and reached the Syrian army positions while evacuation of militants and their families has been suspended once again due to the violation of the terms of the agreement by terrorists, media sources said Wednesday.

The Syrian state news agency reported that a group of civilians in terrorist-held neighborhoods managed to leave the city and arrived at the army position in Jisr al-Hajj.

“I had been held by al-Nusra terrorists for two and a half months before they transferred us to al-Burjya… where we stayed for about 15 days,” one of the kidnapped people, who is from al-Halk area, said, adding that the al-Nusra terrorists killed a number of people and took a number of them to the countryside. They used to burn food stores and cars transporting food supplies in the Eastern neighborhoods.

Another person who also managed to flee the neighborhoods said, “I am sick and I need to be hospitalized… I came here to check on my house, and I pleaded to the Red Cross and the Red Crescent to allow me to depart the neighborhoods and they agreed, yet the terrorists did not allow me to leave.”

The terrorist organizations had also burned the identity cards and all official documents of the residents, according to one of the kidnapped persons, who added that the terrorists had confiscated the food supplies.

The news agency also said that delay in exit of militants and their families finds its root in differences between the terrorist groups and the block of the exist of civilians from the towns of Fua’a and Kafraya in Idlib by the terrorists.

An informed source said that 62 buses were ready to evacuate militants and their families form Aleppo’s Eastern districts to relocate them to Southwestern Aleppo, but severe tensions among the terrorist groups in the neighborhoods of al-Zobaydiyeh, al-Mashhad, Salahuddin and Ansari and also the blocked exit of 8 buses of injured or patient civilians from Fua’a and Kafraya delayed evacuation of the militants from the rest of neighborhoods in Aleppo city.

Another informed source said that the buses carrying civilians in Fua’a and Kafraya are still stopped at Jeish al-Fatah’s checkpost and terrorists do not let them leave the towns.

A security source disclosed earlier today that terrorists groups’ lack of commitment to an agreement on exit of injured civilians from two militant-held towns in Idlib pushed evacuation of militants and their families from the Eastern neighborhoods of Aleppo into suspension.

The source said that the terrorist groups that have laid siege on Fua’a and Kafraya towns in Northern Idlib once again violated the evacuation agreement’s terms, leaving negative impact on the trend of transferring militants and their families from Eastern Aleppo.

The Arabic language desk of Sputnik reported that only one bus could take the militants and their families out of Aleppo yesterday and after that evacuation operation was suspended.

The source further added that it was agreed that the last group of militants and their families leave Aleppo in return for evacuation of the injured and patient civilians on 8 buses from Fua’a and Kafraya, but terrorists prevent exit of buses carrying the injured and patients from the two towns in Idlib, violating the terms of the evacuation agreement.

The source went on to say that relevant officials are trying hard to pave the ground for the restart of civilian evacuation from Fua’a and Kafraya.

Based on the latest reports 15,500 militants and their families have thus far left Aleppo and the army has called for faster evacuation of militant from the Eastern neighborhoods to dispatch engineering units to defuse terrorist-planed bombs and mines in the newly-freed districts.