IRNA – Iran’s ambassador to the United Nations on Tuesday said that latest claims made by the Zionist regime about Iran’s alleged violation of the UN Security Council’s resolutions are “baseless” and “unsustained.”
Ambassador and Charge d’Affaires of the Islamic Republic of Iran to the UN Gholamhossein Dehghani made the remarks in his letter to the UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.
The full text of the letter follows:
In the name of God, the most Compassionate, the most Merciful
Upon instructions from my government and with reference to the letter dated 21 November 2016 from the Representative of the Israeli regime to the United Nations addressed to the Secretary General, I have the honor to state the following:
1. The letter, once again, contains a flurry of baseless and unsubstantiated accusations that are leveled against my country without, as usual, a shred of evidence; accusations that none of them are ‘important new information’, as the author of the letter falsely claims, but old rehashed ones.
2. The accusation of the violation by Iran of ‘numerous Security Council resolutions’, referred to in the letter, is equally baseless and this time amusing too, as it amounts to an innovative in-bulk leveling of accusations against a UN Member State. At least, a regime that has brazenly flouted all UN General Assembly and Security Council resolutions about the lands it criminally occupies is not in a position to broach such a claim against other nations.
3. In addition, it is absurd and hypocritical for the representative of a regime that has occupied the lands of other peoples for so many decades and denied every basic right of the Palestinian people, including their right to self-determination, to accuse occasionally my country of violating international law.
4. It is equally absurd and hypocritical for the representative of a regime that has for long been involved in terrorizing and indiscriminately targeting the Palestinian civilians, including women and children, in their own land and in terrorist targeted killings and assassinating individuals in many parts of the world, to accuse Iran of sponsoring terrorism.
5. Last but not least, this kind of accusatory claims by the Israeli regime against other countries, including mine, is after all a typical Israeli attempt to smoke screen their criminal policies and acts against the innocent Palestinians, including keeping a two-million community under siege for 10 years, once in a while bombing and shelling residential areas, destroying schools and hospitals, demolishing houses, confiscating dwellings, violating the sanctity of the religious shrines and so on and so force.
I should be grateful if you would have the present letter circulated to all Member States of the Security Council and as a document of the Council.
Please accept, Excellency, the assurances of my highest consideration.