AP- Iran’s semi-official ISNA news agency says an undisclosed number of suspects who stormed Saudi diplomatic missions in Iran early this year were sentenced to prison terms ranging from three to six months.
Friday’s report quotes lawyer Mostafa Shabani as saying that “some of the defendants were sentenced to six months in prison and others to three months, and some were acquitted.”
There is no indication how many were on trial, how many separate trials had taken place or when the sentences were handed down.
Earlier this week, Iran’s Judiciary website, mizanonline.ir, said a court sentenced 20 suspects and that 146 were detained over the case. In July, Iran said 48 suspects had been tried.
The January storming of the missions prompted the kingdom to sever diplomatic ties with Iran.