Hezbollah deputy head Sheikh Naim Qassem has hailed recent victories by the Syrian government and its allies against Daesh, saying that there is no place for the Takfiri group in the Middle East.
“The Syrian situation is improving day by day in favor of the Syrian government and its allies, and the other side is losing day by day and facing crisis after crisis,” Sheikh Qassem said in a southern Lebanese village on Sunday.
He said Takfiri plot against certain regional countries, including Syria, is doomed to failure.
“There is no future for the Takfiris, neither in Syria nor the region. They will drift in the world from one country to another and carry out indiscriminate attacks wherever they get the chance.”
Takfiri militants operating in Syria have suffered major setbacks over the past few months as the Syrian army has managed to liberate more areas.
The Syrian army has vowed to press ahead with its counter-terror operations and drive terrorists out of their major positions.
Hezbollah fighters have been assisting Syrian government forces in their fight against terrorists. In doing so, the movement says it is trying to prevent the Syrian conflict from spilling over to Lebanon and keep Takfiri terrorists at bay.
Back in May, Hezbollah said Takfiri terror groups had killed the movement’s top military commander Mustafa Badreddine in Syria.
Last month, Qassem referred to Takfiri terrorism as “the central crisis in the region,” expressing the movement’s firm determination to confront the scourge “which is supported by the Israeli terrorism.”
“We have determined the risks… and found that we have to count on ourselves [to confront] the two branches of terrorism,” namely Takfiri terrorism and Israeli terrorism, he said.
Hezbollah is credited with driving Israeli troops out of southern Lebanon in the 2000 war. The resistance movement fought another war with Israel in 2006.
By Press TV