Iran receives first Siemens cargo

TEHRAN, Feb 28 (Shana) — Siemens has released the first cargo of properties Iran had ordered for development of South Pars gas field before the sanctions intensified in 2012, an operator of some phases of the field said.

Hassan Boveiri, developer of phases 17 and 18 of the supergiant South Pars gas field, told Shana that Siemens has released a cargo of compressors and turbines which will be installed at phases 17, 18 and 12 of the gas field.

Siemens blocked delivery of a number of items to Iran after US-led sanctions on Tehran intensified in 2011.

Following a meeting between Iranian Minister of Petroleum Bijan Zangeneh and Siemens officials last week, Siemens agrees to release blocked properties to Iran in the wake of removed sanctions on Tehran’s nuclear plan.
The properties were blocked in the Port of Jebel Ali in UAE and Netherlands for three years.

The second consignment of the items will enter Iran within a fortnight which will contain three electro-compressors belonging to phases 17 and 18 and 6 other compressors belonging to phase 12.

By SHANA