No decision yet on performing minor Hajj pilgrimage

Shahrekord, Chaharmahal-Bakhtiari Province, Jan 11, IRNA – Head of Hajj and Pilgrimage Organization of Iran Saeed Ohadi said on Monday that Iran has no decision to perform Umrah (minor Hajj pilgrimage) yet.

Talking to IRNA, Ohadi reiterated that since the beginning of the current Iranian year (started March 21, 2015), over 18,000 people have withdrawn their applications for Umrah Hajj pilgrimage.

‘So far over 1.5 million and 6.5 million Iranian people are waiting to attend the major and minor hajj rituals respectively,’ he added.

‘At present, Iran does not have any decision to perform minor Hajj rituals for the next Iranian calendar year due to closure of Iran’s Hajj and Pilgrimage offices in Saudi Arabia,’ Ohadi said.

On January 4, 2016, Ohadi had said that organizing the Hajj pilgrimage for Iranians will be decided by top officials of the government.

Ohadi made the remarks in a statement in reaction to public query concerning Hajj pilgrimage in Iranian year of 1395 (2016).

In the statement, Ohadi said that any decision concerning Hajj should be taken by Supreme Leader Office and the Government.

By IRNA