Tehran, Jan 11, IRNA – The European Union (EU) led international condemnation of the missile strike on a Doctors Without Borders clinic in Yemen that killed at least four people, AFP reported.
The EU described the event as an ‘unacceptable attack’.
The raid was the third of its kind in four months in the war-ravaged country.
The group of Doctors Without Borders condemned the raid calling it a ‘worrying pattern’ of such attacks.
‘We strongly condemn this incident that confirms a worrying pattern of attacks to essential medical services and express our strongest outrage as this will leave a very fragile population without healthcare for weeks,’ said Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) director of operations Raquel Ayora .
MSF is the Paris-based international, independent and medical humanitarian organization.
Three MSF staff were among 10 people wounded in the Yemen strike, and two other members of staff were in ‘critical condition’, MSF said in a statement.
All staff and patients had been evacuated, with the patients being transferred to another MSF-supported hospital in Saada, it said.