Shahreza, Isfahan prov, Jan 10, IRNA – Head of Hajj and Pilgrimage Organization of Iran Saeed Ohadi said on Sunday that the bodies of the last group of Iranian pilgrims missing in human tragedy in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, on September 24 will be flown home next week.
Ohadi said earlier that the bodies of all the missing Iranian pilgrims have been identified.
Ohadi said that 79 out of the 461 Iranian victims were buried in Mecca by Saudi officials without Iran’s permission.
Families of 37 of the buried Iranian pilgrims have called for the bodies of their loved ones to be brought home, the official said.
Some 11 bodies have already been repatriated and another 10 bodies were flown by a plane carrying Iranian diplomats on January 6 as Tehran and Riyadh severed ties after incidents following Saudi Arabia’s brutal execution of prominent Shia cleric Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr, according to Ohadi.
The bodies of 16 other Iranian pilgrims will be flown home next week.