Tehran, Jan 6, IRNA – Head of Hajj and Pilgrimage Organization of Iran Saeed Ohadi said on Wednesday that bodies of all the Iranian pilgrims that went missing in the human tragedy in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, on September 24 have been identified.
Ohadi said that 79 out of the 461 Iranian victims were buried in Mecca by Saudi officials without Iran’s permission.
Families of 37 of the buried Iranian pilgrims have called for the bodies of their loved ones to be returned to the country, the official said.
11 bodies had already been returned to the country and another 10 bodies were returned by a flight carrying Iranian diplomats earlier today, Ohadi said.
He said that the bodies of the 16 others Iranian pilgrims will be returned within the next two or three days.