Iran has confirmed its intention to withdraw the lawsuit over S-300 against Russia.
VLADIVOSTOK (Sputnik) — Tehran has confirmed its intention to withdraw its lawsuit against Russia over the non-delivery of the S-300 air defense systems, Russian Industry and Trade Minister Denis Manturov said in an interview aired Saturday.
“We have confirmation from the Iranian side of the withdrawal of the lawsuit, and i believe that it will take place in the near future,” Manturov said in the interview with Vesti v Subbotu (Saturday News) show on Rossiya-1 television.
Last week, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said that the “unconditional withdrawal” of the lawsuit was one of the conditions for delivery of the S-300 systems that, according to Iranian Ambassador to Russia Mehdi Sanai, started in November.
Moscow and Tehran signed an $800-million deal for the delivery of five S-300 missile systems in 2007. In 2011, Iran sued Russia after Moscow suspended the contract in 2010, citing a UN Security Council resolution that placed an arms embargo on Tehran over its nuclear program.
In April 2015, Russian President Vladimir Putin lifted the S-300 delivery ban, shortly after the six world powers and Iran reached a framework nuclear agreement to remove all economic sanctions against Tehran in exchange for guarantees of the peaceful nature of its nuclear activities.
By Sputnik News