Iran disbands two terror cells, Intelligence Ministry says

Iranian security forces have disbanded two terror cells, which were planning to carry out bomb attacks, in two provinces, Iran’s Intelligence Ministry says.

Officials at the ministry said on Saturday that one of the terrorist groups was busted in the southeastern province of Sistan and Baluchestan.

The terrorists were planning to blow up over 150 kilograms of explosives in the form of ten bombs on the eastern Iranian border region.

Authorities added that another cell connected to groups hostile to the Islamic Republic, which had entered the country to commit acts of terror, was also smashed in West Azerbaijan Province.

Security forces also discovered and confiscated a large number of weapons and ammunition from the terror cell.

Earlier in November, the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) in a joint operation with forces of the Intelligence Ministry arrested members of a terror cell linked to the Takfiri Daesh terrorists in the western province of Kermanshah on the border with Iraq, where Daesh is operating.

IRGC’s chief commander in Kermanshah said that numerous terror cells working for Daesh have been busted in the province over the past two years.

Iran has previously warned that it will intervene militarily inside Iraq if Daesh manages to reach the 40-kilometer buffer zone outside of the Iranian western borders.

By Press TV