Gas from South Pars platform 19C online by winter

TEHRAN, Nov. 18 (Shana) – Iran has finished installation of platform 19C of South Pars phase 19 to bring production from SPD2 platform to 0.5bcf by winter, operator of the phase said.

Hamid Reza Masoudi said installation of the offshore platform of phase 19 by an Iranian installer at its designated place was completed on Tuesday, November 17, 2015.

The platform, weighing over 2,700 tons, took 69 months, and is the first offshore structure of new South Pars development projects, Masoudi added.

He also said construction of the first platform of the phase is 95% complete, saying the remaining 5% is attributed to installation of the platform in its designated place.

The pre-startup operation of platform 19C is 50% complete and it scheduled to be fully operational by the end of the current Iranian calendar year to March 20, 2016, he added.

Phase 19 development of South Pars is set to produce 50 mcm/d of sweet gas, 75,000 b/d of gas condensate, 400 tons a day of sulfur, 1.05 million tons a year of liquefied petroleum gas and one million tons a year of ethane.

This development phase was awarded by Pars Oil and Gas Company (POGC) to a Petropars-led consortium of Petropars Limited and Petropars Iran and IOEC in June 2010 under an engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) contract.

Petropars Limited and Petropars Iran are responsible for onshore installations and drilling operations.