Tehran, Sept 29, IRNA – President Hassan Rouhani said the tragedy in Hajj rituals this year happened because of the inefficiency and mismanagement of the Saudi government.
Talking to reporters on Wednesday upon arrival from New York, he said the incompetence of the Saudi Arabian government caused the death of many innocent Iranians who were visiting the country for Hajj rituals.
He said the victims lost their lives in a very saddening way.
President Rouhani arrived in Tehran on Tuesday from his New York visit to take part in the 70th session of the United Nations General Assembly.
He cut the visit short to take part in the process of returning home the bodies of the Iranian pilgrims who lost their lives in a stampede tragedy in Mina on Thursday.
The first group of bodies is to arrive in Iran on Tuesday.
A total of 239 Iranian pilgrims lost their lives so far in the crush incident during this year’s Hajj rituals.