Tehran, Sept 20, IRNA – Iran’s embassy in Yemen will continue its routine work, Deputy Foreign Minister for Consular Affairs Hassan Ghashghavi said on Sunday.
Iran has no plan to close its mission in the war-stricken Arab state, said the diplomat, responding to some Arab media reports that Tehran has recently shut down its embassy in San’a.
Deputy Foreign Minister for Arab and African Affairs Hossein Amir-Abdollahian had already told media that Iran’s ambassador (to Yemen) has returned to the country for a few days to undergo some medical treatment.
Iran backs political dialogue to resolve the crisis in Yemen and believes that military measures will not end in victory for any side involved in the conflict.
A Saudi-led coalition has waged an air war on Yemen since late March in an effort to restore the authority of the fugitive president Hadi.
The airstrikes and fighting between warring parties in Yemen have left thousands of people killed and wounded, while more than one million people have been displaced.