Iran rejects relations with arrested suspects in Kuwait

TEHRAN (FNA)- The Iranian embassy in Kuwait City strongly rejected any relationship between Tehran and a group of individuals who have recently been detained by Kuwait’s judicial authorities on charges of spying for Iran and Hezbollah.

A Kuwaiti prosecutor issued a statement on Tuesday, claiming that 24 members of a group arrested last month with a large cache of weapons and explosives have been in contact with Tehran and the Lebanese Hezbollah resistance group.

In response, Iran’s Charge de’ Affairs in Kuwait Hassan Zarnegar Abarqouyee dismissed the claims in an interview with al-Ra’y newspaper, and said, “I emphasize that the detained individuals have never had any relations with Iran.”

Last month, certain Arab media outlets had claimed that Kuwaiti authorities had seized a huge arms cache smuggled from Iraq and hidden beneath houses near the border, arresting three suspected members of a militant cell that was plotting to destabilize the country.

“The three men arrested were the owners of the houses,” they said, alleging that the arrested people were linked to Iran.

The claims were also dismissed by the Iranian officials.

By Fars News Agency