At least 18 civilians have been killed in new Saudi airstrikes in Yemen’s northern province of Jawf.
Six women and four children were among those killed in the latest Saudi raids carried out in the towns of al-Khob and al-Shaghaf on Monday, the Yemeni al-Masirah television network reported.
Saudi fighter jets also targeted the western Yemeni city of al-Hudaydah early on Monday.
According to reports, the district of Hidan in the northwestern Yemeni province of Sa’ada was also bombarded by Saudi warplanes.
Also on Monday, Saudi jets pounded the ancient city of al-Jableh in Yemen’s southwestern province of Ibb.
Two airstrikes were also carried out on the town of Sahar in the northwestern Yemeni province of Sa’ada.
Reports said Saudi warplanes bombed a bridge linking the Yemeni capital, Sana’a, to the central province of Ma’rib to disrupt the delivery of fuel by tankers to the capital.
Meanwhile, the official Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported that two Saudi border guards had been killed in a retaliatory attack conducted by Yemeni forces on the southwestern Saudi province of Jazan.
Saudi Arabia began its military aggression against Yemen on March 26 – without a UN mandate – in a bid to undermine the Houthi Ansarullah movement and restore power to fugitive former Yemeni President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, an ally of Riyadh.
The United Nations says the conflict in Yemen has killed more than 4,000 people, nearly half of them civilians, since late March. Local Yemeni sources, however, say the fatality figure is much higher.
By Press TV