TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Saudi Arabia’s decision to attack Yemen has pushed the Riyadh regime closer to a downfall that would be only 10 years away without such a military campaign, an Iranian judiciary official predicted.
“With this military invasion, the Al Saud is like somebody who has hit his head hard against a stone. The Al Saud regime would have collapsed in less than 10 years (anyway), and the attack on Yemen has sped up its downfall considerably,” Chief of the Iranian Judiciary’s Human Rights Council Mohammad Javad Larijani told Tasnim.
He also derided Riyadh’s “shameful” justification for launching strikes on Yemen, saying, “The Al Saud says they attacked Yemen because the Houthis launched a coup. How much does your regime (Al Saud) rely on people’s votes?”
On March 26, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies began to launch deadly air strikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to the fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
According to Yemen’s Freedom House Foundation, the Saudi airstrikes have claimed the lives of nearly 4,000 Yemeni people so far while more than 7,000 others have been wounded, most of them civilians.
Meantime, the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) revealed that 2,453 civilians have been injured, among whom 130 were women and 234 children.
According to International Organization for Migration (IOM), over 550,000 people have now been displaced by the conflict, with large numbers heading toward the Horn of Africa.