TEHRAN (FNA)- Chairman of the Iranian Parliament’s National Security and Foreign Policy Commission Alaeddin Boroujerdi underlined that Saudi Arabia will be the main loser of the aggression against Yemen, and said Tehran is planning to set up field hospitals in Yemen and dispatch humanitarian aid to the war-stricken nation through Djibouti.
“We are planning to construct field hospitals in Sana’a and Sa’ada and dispatch humanitarian aid to the Yemeni people via Djibouti,” Boroujerdi told reporters on Tuesday.
He underlined that Saudi Arabia will surely be the loser of the war in Yemen and the Yemeni people will be the winner due to their patience.
Boroujerdi pointed to the dispatch humanitarian aid to Yemen through its neighboring countries, and said, “The closest place to Yemen is Djibouti and we are trying to send our humanitarian aid to Yemen through that country.”
Yesterday, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif underlined that a temporary ceasefire plan that has been announced – but not started yet – in Yemen should last forever.
“We support any ceasefire and halt to the military operations that take innocent people, women and children as its victims, and (we urge that) it should turn into a permanent truce and the negotiations in this regard should continue,” Zarif said in a joint press conference with his South African counterpart Maite Nkoana-Mashabane in Tehran.
The Iranian foreign minister pointed to Iran’s 4-Article Plan for ceasefire in Yemen that was presented to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon last month, and said, “The first article of our plan was establishment of an immediate and all-inclusive ceasefire in Yemen.”
Zarif called for paving the way for holding national talks in Yemen, establishing a broad-based government and establishing constructive relations with the neighboring countries.
“Since the outbreak of the crisis in Yemen and the illegal attacks on the Yemeni people, the Islamic Republic of Iran has explicitly announced that the crisis in the Arab country does not have a military solution and the attacks will not produce any result other than massacre of the innocent people,” the Iranian foreign minister added.
Zarif reiterated that Iran will continue holding comprehensive talks with the UN’s special envoy on Yemen, and said that Tehran will also continue dispatching humanitarian aid and rendering assistance to help the achievement of a political solution in Yemen.
In mid-April, Zarif put forward details of a proposed peace plan according to which Tehran seeks to help end the ongoing conflict gripping Yemen.
During his visit to the Spanish capital, Madrid, Zarif proposed a four-point plan, emphasizing the Yemeni nation’s right to decide its own future free from foreign interference.
The proposal includes hammering out a ceasefire, sending humanitarian assistance to the people affected by violence, launching an intra-Yemeni dialog, and establishing a broad-based government participated by all Yemeni factions, according to Zarif.
On Sunday, Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian called for immediate dispatch of relief aid to Yemen and the presence of a UN representative in the Arab country.
Amir Abdollahian made the remarks in a telephone conversation with UN Humanitarian Chief Valerie Amos.
“The Islamic Republic of Iran expects UN Special Envoy on Yemen Ismail Ould Cheikh Ahmed to visit the (Arab) country and try to prevent the attacks and deterioration of this human tragedy,” the Iranian deputy foreign minister said.
Amir Abdollahian, meantime, voiced Iran’s readiness to take the following necessary measures in full coordination with UN’s relief aid program:
1-Immediate dispatch of shiploads of fuel and oil products to the Yemeni ports; 2- Dispatch of medical teams and setting up three hospitals in Sana’a, Aden, Sa’ada and other Yemeni provinces deemed necessary by the UN; 3- Immediate dispatch of aid and foodstuff via air to Yemen through Djibouti or directly to Yemen; 4- Allocating two cargo planes and three cargo ships to speed up the UN aid and relief operations and dispatch of medicine and food supplies to Yemen through Djibouti.
The Iranian deputy foreign minister also voiced Tehran’s readiness for admitting the wounded Yemenis in its hospitals.
Humanitarian organizations say they face a tough challenge for delivering aid to the Yemeni people affected by the ongoing Saudi onslaught, because of a severe fuel shortage and difficulty accessing warehouses and safety issues due to the bombings.
Saudi Arabia started its unauthorized aerial bombardments on Yemen on March 26. The Saudi-led attacks have drawn international criticism after claiming the lives of at least 3,674 people, mostly women and children, and razing thousands of housing units to the ground.
Also, thousands of people have been injured during the attacks as the Saudi offensive enters its 48th consecutive day.
Some western countries, including the US, have backed the Saudi aggression despite international calls for a swift halt to the attacks.