The Iran Project

Nasrallah slams Saudi-US Yemen attack

Head of the Lebanese Hezbollah movement, Seyyed Hassan Nasrallah, has condemned the ongoing Saudi aggression against Yemen, which has been carried out with the green light of the United States.

He made the remarks in a public address at an event entitle “Solidarity Rally with Yemen” organized by the resistance movement in Dahieh, south of the Lebanese capital, Beirut, on Friday.

Condemning the ongoing Saudi aggression against Yemen, which has been carried out with the green light of the United States, Nasrallah added, “This rally is aimed at voicing our condemnation and rejection of the Saudi-American aggression against Yemen and its people and at expressing our support for this noble people.”

The leader of Hezbollah stressed that the movement will keep slamming Saudi aggression against Yemen, urging all people in Lebanon to denounce Riyadh airstrikes against the Yemeni people.

“It is our human, jihadist and religious duty to take this stance and all the sons of this nation must reassess their responsibilities and take the appropriate stance. Intimidation or threats will not prevent us from continuing to declare our condemnation of the aggression against Yemen,” Nasrallah said, stressing that “this major historic period is affecting the entire region, not only Yemen.”

“The officials in Saudi Arabia said the war’s objective is to defend Yemen’s Arab identity, but have the Arab people authorized them to wage a war on Yemen? This is a war against an Arab people,” Nasrallah noted.

“The war’s real objective is restoring the Saudi-American hegemony over Yemen, as I have already announced,” Nasrallah stressed.

Saudi Arabia’s air campaign against Yemen started on March 26, without a United Nations mandate in a bid to restore power to the country’s fugitive former president, Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, a staunch ally of Riyadh.

The attacks were also meant to undermine the Houthi Ansarullah movement, which took control of the Yemeni capital, Sana’a, in September 2014.

The Houthis, now part of popular committees across the country, criticized Hadi government’s inability to properly run the affairs of the country and contain the growing wave of corruption and terror before taking over state matters.

According to reports, over 2,600 people, including women and children, have so far lost their lives in the attacks.

The humanitarian situation in Yemen is rapidly deteriorating as Yemenis are facing a shortage of essential foodstuff, water, fuel and vital drugs.

International humanitarian agencies expect tens of thousands more to flee Yemen in the coming months amid the worsening humanitarian situation.

By Press TV

Exit mobile version