TEHRAN (FNA)- Head of Hezbollah’s Executive Council Sheikh Hashem Safieddine said Saudi Arabia will be the ultimate loser of Yemen’s war, stressing that the monarchy is acutely aware that its attacks will no longer have a chance to deter the advances of the popular troops.
Sheikh Hashem Safieddine said that Saudi Arabia will never win the war in Yemen and it is now in a real quandary to reach a ceasefire in the Arab country.
He further urged the Saudi kingdom to put a swift halt to its attacks, adding that the massacre of women, children and poor people will never bring victory to the monarchy.
Head of Hezbollah’s executive council went on to say that the resistance of the Yemeni people is the biggest obstacle to the kingdom’s victory.
Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen for 19 days now to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed over 1,042 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children. The attacks have also left more than 2,500 people injured.
Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.
Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
Five Persian Gulf States — Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain, Qatar and Kuwait — and Egypt that are also assisted by Israel and backed by the US declared war on Yemen in a joint statement issued on March 26.