Tabriz-Bazargan Highway to connect Iran to Europe

Governor General of East Azarbaijan Province Esmail Jabbarzadeh

Governor General of East Azarbaijan Province Esmail Jabbarzadeh

Tabriz, E Azarbaijan Prov., Feb 26, IRNA – Governor General of East Azarbaijan Province said construction of Tabriz-Bazargan Highway is a national project which connects Iran to Europe and will play a significant role in facilitating transportation of goods and passengers and regional development.

Esmail Jabbarzadeh added that a preliminary agreement for investment in Tabriz-Bazargan Road has been signed between Ministry of Roads and Urban Development and Turkish Bergiz Company and will be forwarded to the cabinet minister for finalization.

“We hope that with the approval of the project by the cabinet ministers, one of the valuable achievements of the government will be presented to the people in northwest of the country.”

He said Tabriz-Bazargan Highway is the first road building project which is being implemented with direct participation of foreign investor, adding that the value of the project is over 30 thousand billion rials and it will be highly effective in creating job opportunities.

Meanwhile, Managing Director of Bergiz Company Ismet Tutumlu expressed satisfaction over participation in the building of Tabriz-Bazargan Highway and called the project a bridge for connecting Iran and Turkey to each other. “We’ll make efforts that the project, in terms of speed of implementation and observation of the world standards would set an example.”

According to the memorandum of understanding Bergiz Company undertakes to maintain 65% of the required funding for implementation of Tabriz-Bazargan Highway and the remaining 35% will be addressed by the Ministry of Roads and Urban Development.

Mohammad Sadeq Pourmahdi, Deputy Governor General of East Azarbaijan, said construction operations of the 250-km highway will start as of the coming year (to start on March 21) and it will be completed by 1400 (2021-2022).

By IRNA