Tehran, Feb 4, IRNA – Deputy Interior Minister for Security Affairs Hossein Zolfaqari said on Wednesday that no live interview has been aired by anti-Iranian TV networks from the kidnapped border guard Jamshid Danaeifar.
Describing those reports “mere lies,” Zolfaqari said, “There is no convincing evidence that confirms Danaeifar is alive.” ˈAs it was said before, in order to make a clear comment about Danaeifar’s fate, we need persuasive proofs.”
“The government of Pakistan has provided us with no information about the issue and we, too, lack precise data to this connection,” he added,
The sole officer, Danaeifar, and four other Iranian border guards were kidnapped on February 6, 2014, in Sistan-Baluchistan Province in eastern Iran by the terrorist group Jaish al-Adl.
The hostages who were held in the Jakigour region had been later transferred to Pakistan.
Iran and Pakistan share a 700 km border between the Sistan-Baluchistan province of Iran and the Baluchistan region of Pakistan.
The terrorist group later announced that it had executed Danaeifar, then at the age of 27.
During the past few days, certain Persian-language anti-Iran TV networks as well as some Internet sites which are among opponents of the Iranian government have claimed that Danaeifar is to reveal some information about his alleged membership to the terrorist group of Jaish ul-Adl as well as is asylum seeking from the United States on February 3.
On October 25, 2013, Jaish-ul-Adl killed 14 Iranian border guards and wounded six others in the border region near the city of Saravan in Sistan and Baluchestan Province.
In February 2013, Iran and Pakistan signed a security agreement under which both countries are required to cooperate in preventing and combating organized crime, fighting terrorism and countering the activities that pose a threat to the national security of either country.
Iran has repeatedly called on Pakistan to comply with the terms of the agreement.
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.