TEHRAN (Tasnim) – The leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei said the US will be the main loser if the nuclear talks between Iran and the six world powers fail.
“The Iranian nation and the other negotiating parties should note that the US will be the main loser if the nuclear talks fail,” Ayatollah Khamenei said in an address to the members of supreme council of Basij Organization in Tehran on Thursday.
Imam Khamenei also praised the serious endeavors and resistance of the Iranian negotiating team in the course of the nuclear talks and said the Iranian diplomats, unlike their American counterparts, don’t change their words on a daily basis.
The Leader also slammed the US double standard approach toward the nuclear talks and said the US officials’ comments in their “private meetings and letters” are a far cry from their remarks made in the public.
He also pointed to the remarks by the US officials regarding the necessity of maintain the security of Israel in the light of the nuclear talks and said, Israel will be made more insecure on a daily basis with or without a nuclear deal.
Ayatollah Khamenei underscored that the entire Iranian nation will stand up to excessive demands in the nuclear talks.
“In the [nuclear] negotiations, if sensible things are said and fair and wise arrangements are made, we will agree to them; but, Iranians, from the masses of the people to all officials, will stand up to excessive demands,” Ayatollah Khamenei reiterated.
The Leader also pointed to the plots by the arrogant powers to stymie the progress of the Iranian nation through sanctions and economic pressures and said should the nuclear talks fail, Iran will resort to the economy of resistance.
Imam Khamenei also said Iran is not against the extension of the nuclear talks for the same reasons it agreed to holding the negotiations.
“Of course, we will agree to any fair and rational arrangement. But we know that it the US government which needs the deal and will lose the most if no deal is made,” said the leader.
Earlier this week, top diplomats from Iran and the Group 5+1 (Russia, China, the US, Britain, France and Germany) decided to extend talks on Tehran’s peaceful nuclear program for more seven months.
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.