TEHRAN (Tasnim) – A top Iranian diplomat said Tehran and world powers have not indeed come to an agreement on any issue in the course of nuclear talks so far, reiterating that nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.
He made the comments after Iran and the Group 5+1 (Russia, China, the US, Britain, France and Germany) decided to extend talks on Tehran’s peaceful nuclear program for more seven months in the hope of clinching a final, comprehensive agreement.
After a whole host of meetings, the last of which held among the foreign ministers and EU’s envoy Catherine Ashton, the parties decided to extend an interim nuclear deal they signed last year (the Joint Plan of Action) into July 1, 2015.
Elsewhere, Araqchi said there are still “differences about major issues to reach a comprehensive deal”, referring to discussions about Iran’s enrichment program and the removal of sanctions as the sticking points.
In separate comments in a press conference in Vienna on Monday, the diplomat said the negotiations will begin within the next two weeks to obtain results, but added that no decision has been made about the level of the upcoming meeting, slated for December.
Araqchi also explained that during the seven-month extension period, Iran will be able to continue to access $700 million per month in sanctions relief under the Joint Plan of Action.
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.