New York, Nov 21, IRNA – As the defined deadline for nuclear talks, November 24, approaches rapidly and both sides say major issues remain unresolved some US officials and diplomats have predicted the extension of nuclear talks till March, 2015.
That is while the French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said in a press conference on Thursday, November 20, that there are still major disputed issues resolving which are in need of greater time to be resolved.
A number of western diplomats participating in Vienna negotiations, too, have said that if these talks will not lead to tangible results it will be possible to extend the duration of talks till March, 2015.
That is while President Barack Obama’s National Security adviser had last week said that achieving a comprehensive agreement within the remaining time will be tough, but possible and President Obama himself had given the talks a 50-50 chance for victory.
Yet, the US officials have in their meetings with the press said that none of the negotiation sides have still talked about extending its duration and the negotiators are trying to lead the talks towards a tangible result within the defined period.
The Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, too, has said that achieving a comprehensive agreement with the Sextet within the defined period is possible, if the West and especially the US will stop their illogical and totalitarian demands.
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.