Israeli soldiers have demolished several Palestinian houses near East al-Quds (Jerusalem), leaving dozens of Palestinians homeless.
Locals say the latest demolitions took place on Thursday, when the Israeli troops raided the Sheikh Anbar neighborhood in the village of Zuayyim, without prior notice.
Witnesses said the Israeli forces destroyed the buildings without allowing the residents to remove their possessions. The move resulted in scuffles between the Palestinians and the Israeli troops.
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) says Israel has destroyed more than 377 Palestinian homes in the West Bank and East al-Quds (Jerusalem), displacing more than 750 people so far this year.
Some 27,000 Palestinian homes and structures have been razed to the ground by Israel since it first occupied the West Bank in 1967, thus resulting in the displacement of thousands of Palestinian families.
More than half a million Israelis live in illegal settlements built since Israel’s occupation of the Palestinian territories of the West Bank and East al-Quds in 1967.
The Israeli settlements are considered illegal by much of the international community. However, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says the settlement construction is part of Tel Aviv’s policy and will not stop.
By Press TV
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.