Tehran, Aug 19, IRNA — The 8th International Congress on Addiction Science will be held at Iran Medical University in Tehran during September 10-12.
The main topics of this year congress are addiction biology, genetic and epigenetic issues related to addiction, diagnosis and assessment of addiction, alcohol and its effects, psychotherapy in addiction, sexual behavior in substance abuse, nursing and social work in addiction and psychiatric disorders.
The congress will also focus on epidemiological research on drug addiction, addiction prevention, addiction and legal issues, rehabilitation in addiction, addiction in children and women, as well as social issues and addiction.
Dr. Mohammad Taqi Joghtaei, head of the congress, said 1,400 articles have been received by the secretariat.
He added that distinguished experts from Germany, France, the US, Japan and Austria will participate in the congress.
Keynote speakers include:
• Dr. Samir Abou El Magd, professor of psychiatry from Cairo University in Egypt,
• Sarah Larney, PhD, from the University of NSW in Australia,
• Richard A. Rawson, PhD and associate director at the UCLA Department of Psychiatry in USA,
• Birgitte Thylstrup, associate professor from the Center for Alcohol and Drug Research,
• Aarhus University from Denmark,
• Dr. Ramin Radfar, MD, from UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, and
• Professor Yousef Tizabi, PhD, from Howard University, College of Medicine, Washington DC.
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.